What Is Personal Data?
In the US, there isn’t currently one single federal law which defines personal data (or regulates its protection and security) but the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) defines personal data as any information which could identify you, including your name, address and email address and IP address.
Special category data is more sensitive, such as information about your health or ethnic origin. We don’t collect special categories of personal data but we do collect personal data.
When And How We Collect Personal Data
You can visit our website and read information about us and our products and services without revealing any personally identifiable information. However, if you want to become a customer, you must purchase one or more of our products and setup an account with us.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and/or additional information as listed in our checkout form.
What Personal Data Do We Collect And Why?
When users leave comments on the site, we collect: the data entered into the comments form provided, the user’s IP address, and the browser user agent string to help spam detection. An anonymized string created from your email address (known as a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
Reviews & Testimonials
When registered users write reviews and testimonials of our products and services it is displayed on our website in various locations, such as reviews section on homepage, our reviews page, as well as our shop. The profile picture of the user is publicly visible.
Profile images are used when displaying any reviews or testimonials left by the user (optional), which can be found on our reviews and testimonials pages. These images may also be used to send you personalized email messages related to your order or transaction. If you upload images to our website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Name, E-mail, Phone Number, Billing and Shipping Addresses
In order to be considered our customer, it is required for you to place an order on our website. Your personal data is required on our checkout page, in order to place the order successfully and create an account. If you choose not to provide us the personal data required on checkout, you can not be a customer of Vote Pat Strong Inc.
If you make a purchase on the Site, we will collect your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and other payment details (collectively, “Payment Information”). We may provide Payment Information and other personal information to our third party payment processors in order to complete purchases made on the Site. Pursuant to the “Who do we share personal data with?” section below, our third party payment processors are bound by contractual obligations to keep such personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. However, we are not responsible for our third party payment processors’ use of any Payment Information or other personal information they collect in connection with your transactions on the Site. Vote Pat Strong Inc. does not store Payment Information, but rather communicates a related token to identify our Payment Processor to process a transaction.
Products You’ve Viewed
We’ll use this to facilitate your online experience, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed in the event you want to return to them more easily.
Location, IP Address & Browser
We’ll use these for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping, which vary based on location, and fraud prevention.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions: your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic communications: the email address and mobile number you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
What Happens If You Choose Not To Give Us Your Personal Data?
If you do not wish to provide us with the personal data which we need from our customers (in order to create an account, and for payment and shipping of products), you will not be able to order our products or services.
You can control what data you give us, but we’ll need some if you want to be our customer.
Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
There are likely to be times when we must share some of your personal data with others, for example: when the law requires us to, to enforce our rights, to protect others (such as fraud prevention), if we sell all or part of our business or Vote Pat Strong is otherwise acquired by someone else. We may also:
- Allow authorized third parties to track and store information about visitors to our website (including IP addresses)
- Disclose your personal data to those who are providing services to us if they have appropriate processes to protect it (such as our Payment Processor, as discussed above.)
Otherwise we will only share your personal information if you have consented.
Your Legal Rights
Vote Pat Strong will respect your legal rights to your data as listed below:
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectify or erase your personal data (“right to be forgotten.”)
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data (to the extent to which it is processed, as it is necessary for our legitimate interests).
- The right to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data (although the withdrawal of consent does not affect the compliance of the processing that was made on its basis, before the withdrawal of consent).
- The right to data portability.